Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Allison Lee...Artist of the Week

Welcome to my first installment of Artist of the Week.  Each Wednesday, I will be selecting an artist who inspires me with their work and writing a feature article about them in my blog.

This week I have selected my friend and fellow artist, Allison Lee of Papercrafts by Allison.  Allison creates beautiful handmade cards, gifts, and bookmarks.  I think what I enjoy most about Allison's work is the peaceful and joyful feeling that I get when I look at her artwork.  She has a unique style that captures a feeling of peace and kindness.

Her handmade cards incorporate design and creativity with special attention to detail.  Here are a few samples of her work:

Along with her cards, she also creates bookmarks and handmade gifts.  I particularly like the small collage birdhouses.  She made me one for a gift and I love it.  It is sitting on my windowsill in my studio so I can enjoy it while I work. Look at these two beautiful birdhouses:




















Take some time to look at Allison's Etsy shop, Papercrafts by Allison and to read her blog, Thoughtful Creations, you will be happy that you did!  I can't wait to see what she creates next!

1 comment:

Allison said...

WOW! Thank you so much for featuring me as your artist of the week! I am so honored to be your first week!!!
You have been and continue to be such an inspiration to me as well.
Can't wait for more on your blog and in store! Love the new look ;)

I'm flattered~ THANKS!
-Allison