Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Valentines Day Fortune Cookies

I had a great time at my friend Allison's house yesterday for our monthly craft day get together. We of course drank mimosas and ate way too much yummy food. I did get a bunch of Valentine jewelry pieces polished and ready to put together.  Thank goodness Allison helped me or I would have never finished.  I'll post the finished pieces when I get everything put together.  I made these really cute tiny hearts and have a few ideas about what I'd like to create with them.  Tomorrow is going to be work in the Studio day, can't wait.

Allison worked on these adorable Valentines Day Fortune cookies for her daughter to give out to her classmates. They are red felt and will have a little Valentine message inside each cookie.


I think they turned out so cute! Lucky kids in her class :)

We are getting a wonderful snow storm right now. Already have a few inches on the ground, so school was already canceled today. We are supposed to get 5 to 8 more! How fun for the kids. I actually stole a few hours today to read my book. How great, coffee, reading and snow.

Enjoy your day! Thanks for stopping by. Stacie

5 comments:

Allison said...

I love working with felt. It's so forgiving and always looks nice!
Wish they sold more 100% wool around here. It's so much nicer...

Can't wait to see the jewelry... it's always awesome watching you work each step with such thought and heart! (no pun intended.)

Enjoying the snow tonight! Hope you are too!

Textile and Stitch said...

Your craft day sounds awesome and those felt fortune cookies are adorable! I might make a few of those for my valentines!! Can't wait to see your new pieces.

Snow...that's funny to me. I'm in Southern California right on the beach and it's been in the 70s for 2 weeks! Snow and a book sounds nice though :)

stacie said...

Kaci, I'm jealous of the sunny California weather! We got a foot of snow yesterday. It does look pretty though.

Faith said...

The fortune cookies are so sweet. I haven't been by to your blog in a while, fun to catch up and happy new year! Yes, aren't snow days fun with the kids! xo

stacie said...

Thanks for stopping by Faith!