Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Spark of Motivation

 
A motivating day today. I listened to a great podcast on The Creative Coconuts that introduced me to the teachings of Joesph Campbell. Why I've never heard of this amazing man, I'll never know. During the podcast Marisa and Sean discussed a new Film called Finding Joe. Here is the trailer of the movie:
The movie is only being released in select cities right now. I can't wait until it comes out on DVD. I also spent part of my day watching the documentary about Joseph Campbell's life called The Hero's Journey. What a incredibly intelligent and interesting man. As you can see I was feeling quite motivated about all this and it all spilled over into my Sketchbook. I created the background for the pages using my new favorite drawing tool, Derwent Inktense Pencils. I love them! They are amazing water color pencils that when wet create a permanent ink vivid translucent effect. Here are a few more photo's of my pages:

Last week I was really into drawing with charcoal and graphic pencils. Here is a look at the forest I got lost in while I was drawing:

I hope you find a spark of motivation somewhere today.

"Breathing out is emptying your mind. Breathing in is filling your mind with new thoughts." by Madi

2 comments:

Christine said...

I studied Joseph Campbell in a college course and you are right - he is absolutely incredible. There was a PBS special about him in the late 80's that they play every once in awhile called The Power of Myth. I can watch it over and over and still learn new things. Check it out if you can.

Hugs, Christine

stacie said...

Christine, That's so funny, I just rented the series from Netflix. I can't wait to watch it.