Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012 Quotes by Madi & more Sketchbook pages

Christmas break was great. Madi and I spent lots of time in the studio creating and making a wonderful mess. Here are a few pages from my Sketchbook and the new 2012 Quotes by Madi. Enjoy!




We also spent time finishing up some of the lessons from 21 Secrets. One of my favorites was Child Play by Alma Stoller. The idea was to turn old magazine pages into awesome collage pages. Here are a few I made:


I enjoyed the class so much I signed up for the new 21 Secrets that starts this April! Here's the link if you'd like to join us. 21 Secrets: An Art Journal Playground

I also started the spectacular Life Book class this week that I was lucky enough to win over at Dirty Footprints Studio. We started working on a 3/4 portrait "Goddess" page. Madi is working on it with me too. I'll post the photos when we finish our pages.

Wishing you a creative day!

8 comments:

Stacy Wills said...

what a lovely blog! so much vibrant color - and i'm a girl who loves color. happy to be sharing the life book experience with you.

stacie said...

Thanks for stopping by Stacy! I'm excited too.

Kristen said...

Oh my gosh, can I print out all those quotes and put them in my art nook? :) So beautiful and inspiring. And the art journal pages are WONDERFUL!!!!!

-Kristen

stacie said...

Hi Kristen! Sure, I'll email you the jpeg files :) Thanks so much for your compliments, I really appreciate the encouragement!

Unknown said...

What beautiful paintings and quotes by you and your daughter! This whole post exudes happiness!

stacie said...

Thanks so much Chrissy!

Dawn Whitehand said...

love the spontaneous feel to the sketch books... great stuff!!

stacie said...

Thanks Dawn! Just finished it up and dropped it in the mail to NYC.