Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Paper Fabric Design

Back from the holiday's and all the traveling to visit the relatives. We all had a wonderful time, but I have to say I am glad to be back home!
Now that the stores are stocked and the shows are over, it's time for some creative fun! I am working in my studio today with my friend Allison and we are finally taking time to just play with all of our art goodies.
I am also starting a new habit this week. I am going to dedicate at least a 1/2 hour a day to work on my blog and load up my etsy site with my jewelry.

A few weeks ago my friend Allison showed me how to make paper fabric. It was so fun and creative I found myself unable to stop making new pieces! Below is one of the pieces that I created:



















After I created the paper fabic, I scanned it into my computer, printed it on photo transfer paper and applied it to the silver pieces I made to create a necklace and pair of earrings.





















I really like how the collage design looks when it is applied to the silver. The words are from old pages of a mystery novel that I found at the local libray book sale. I will post the pieces on etsy for sale tomorrow.
Now I am going to spend a little time working on my art journal and just enjoying the day.

Thanks for taking the time to visit!

Stacie

No comments: