Thursday, March 24, 2011

Time

I was trying to think of a subject to create a treasury around the other evening. I'm sitting on my bed with my laptop while my daughter is dancing around getting ready for her bath. My mind of course goes to the "I don't have enough time to do everything I want to do" voice that seems to constantly be lurking in my head.  So, I thought time. That's it! So I titled my treasury A Block of Time.
A block of time


The funny thing is that I didn't have time to finish it that night. My 14 year old son called me a computer crazy person, picked up my laptop and carried it down to the den. Apparently it was time for the three of us to read in bed together. I have to admit reading together is one of my favorite activities and it was just what the doctor ordered. I felt much more relaxed.

The next morning I brewed myself a cup of coffee and of course sat down to finish my treasury. Before I hopped over to that tab, I stopped for a visit in my Etsy shop and saw that my watch was featured in this beautiful treasury. Notice the title! How funny!

Where has time gone?
After spending a few minutes thinking about time, I remembered this poem that I used to have on my office bulletin board a long time ago. It was written by an 85 year old man. I love the whole message in this poem and hope that you enjoy it too.


If I Had My Life to Live Over Again
by Don Herold
I'd dare to make more mistakes next time. 
I'd relax, I would limber up.
I would be sillier than I have been this trip.
I would take fewer things seriously.
I would take more chances.
I would climb more mountains and swim more rivers.
I would eat more ice cream and less beans.
I would perhaps have more actual troubles, but I'd have fewer imaginary ones.
You see, I'm one of those people who live sensibly and sanely hour after hour, day after day. 
Oh, I've had my moments, and if I had it to do over again, I'd have more of them. In fact, I'd try to have nothing else.
Just moments, one after another, instead of living so many years ahead of each day.
I've been one of those persons who never goes anywhere without a thermometer, a hot water bottle, a raincoat and a parachute.
If I had to do it again, I would travel lighter than I have.
If I had my life to live over, I would start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall. I would go to more dances.
I would ride more merry-go-rounds. I would pick more daisies.

Hope you take time to enjoy your day.

7 comments:

anne said...

Thank you Stacie - so so important to remember these things. Thanks for taking the *time* to post!

stacie said...

Glad you liked it Anne.

Renee said...

That's so strange about the other Treasury...I guess it was all about Timing! Hee Hee

Monica said...

This definitely helped!! What a good reminder. I love it, and so true. Thanks! :)

Rebekah Leigh said...

That's so interesting about the treasuries! My boyfriend also started taking my laptop off me!! Hence my quietness in the web world lately. A great poem too..it's important to slow down and remember whats important in life. I hope your well Stacie :-) x

Jeanne Marie Grunwell Ford said...

This was just the post I needed to read today. Thank you! And I love your kids. :)

stacie said...

Thanks so much guys for stopping by. Glad you liked the post :)