Thursday, April 12, 2012

The big 50!

Yep, I just turned the big 50. Yesterday I spent my big birthday with my good friends and family. The day was just perfect. I started the day with a Starbucks Mocha in bed opening gifts from my family while my dog chewed up the wrapping paper.  My hubby bought me a new pair of fluffy UGG slippers, my son the Adele 19 CD, and my daughter Zoe chocolate. What could be better?

Then I went to lunch with my two dear friends, Allison and Kathy. We were missing another dear friend, Rene who was in Pittsburgh with her family. Allison, Kathy and Rene put together this awesome basket full of 50 presents!!! I get to open one present a day for the next 50 days! How fun is that!?  Here's today's gift:
I'm sure I'll get great use out of this gift! As a matter of fact, I'm using it right now as I write this post. So those of you that are on your way to the big 50, you will survive!!  I'm hoping that my 50's are as good as my 40's and maybe even a little better!

"Life is like a staircase, go one step at a time." by Madi

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know 50 will be just as good as 40 and probably a whole lot better
because when we get older we learn not sweat the little stuff....

stacie said...

Oh so right Kathy!

Laurie Jess said...

Stacie my 40's were pretty darn great, but hold onto your party hat, because my 50's have been exceptional & significantly even better! Happy 50th Birthday

stacie said...

Thanks Laurie! that's awesome.

Unknown said...

Happy 50th Stacie! Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday! :)

stacie said...

Thanks so much Chrissy! It was a great one!

Anonymous said...

What great friends! That is a super idea. =)